|Table of Contents
How to get a cell phone signal in a building
Do Cell phone signal boosters/repeaters really work?
What is a cell phone signal booster/repeater?
How does a cell phone booster/repeater work?
How long does it take to install a cell phone signal booster/repeater?
How to find your cell phone service provider’s tower location & frequency for your cell phone signal booster/repeater
How to find the outside signal strength for a cell phone booster/repeater
What if you want a booster /repeat two or more cell phone service providers?
What if you have no line-of-site to the outside cell phone signal?
||How to find the outside signal strength for a cell phone booster/repeater:
- You need to know the cell phone signal strength at your location, outside, standing on the ground. Better still is knowing the signal strength on your roof, closer to where the cell phone booster kit’s outside antenna will be located.
This is important because, if you go to a knowledgeable dealership, they will know which product(s) you need to solve your cell phone signal problem.
- Using the number of signal strength bars that are shown on your cell phone is OK, if you are dealing with a truly knowledgeable dealer, but many cell phones have the ability to go into what is called “test mode”.
- In test mode, you can see the signal strength in decibels, which is a more precise indication. To see if your cell phone has the test mode feature go to UnwiredSignal.com and scroll down to your cell phone make and model.
- You need the cell phone signal strength even if you want to boost the signal for your computer air card. Your cell phone and computer air card use the same signals. They work independently because your cell phone uses different code reading technologies.
- Most computers will show bars and/or will go into test mode. Each computer and computer air is different in the way you get to test mode, but most people say it is very easy to find.
By David Jones www.UnwiredSignal.com