|Table of Contents
How to get a cell phone signal in a building
Do Cell phone signal boosters/repeaters really work?
What is a cell phone signal booster/repeater?
How does a cell phone booster/repeater work?
How long does it take to install a cell phone signal booster/repeater?
How to find your cell phone service provider's tower location & frequency for your cell phone signal booster/repeater
How to find the outside signal strength for a cell phone booster/repeater
What if you want a booster /repeat two or more cell phone service providers?
What if you have no line-of-site to the outside cell phone signal?
||How does a cell phone booster/repeater work?
- For incoming calls, the outside cell phone antenna picks up the outside cell phone signal and boosts it.
- It then sends it to the cell phone amplifier, which boosts it much more, and pushes it through the inside antenna, to be projected throughout a given area.
- The size of this area to be covered with signals can be figured in advance, and if you do so, you are assured that you are buying a product that will actually solve your cell phone signal problem. Call UnwiredSignal.com at 888-713-1243 to have your signal area figured.
- Most cellular signal repeater systems are bi-directional, so for outgoing calls, the above sequence is just reversed.
- This assumes you currently have an outside cell phone signal to be repeated. They are called “signal booster/repeaters” because they boost and repeat existing outside cell phone signals. A cell phone signal booster/repeater cannot make something out of nothing because, after all is said and done, 100 times 0 is still 0.
- There are exceptions for this, like offshore drilling platforms. Call us if you have no signal but a clear line-of-sight to your cell phone service provider's tower. If you do not have an outside cell phone signal, keep reading.
By David Jones www.UnwiredSignal.com